Monday, 26 January 2009

Batty

I should have turned the light out earlier and gone to sleep. Then I'd not have known that there was a bat flying around the house.

After five minutes of wandering around the house in the dark trying to track it down, being swooped at at regular intervals by a black blurry thing (without my lenses in I'm as blind as a... oh never mind) I decided it was a problem that could wait until morning.

Well this morning I shut all the doors upstairs and stuck my nose in the spare room where we'd last seen him but didn't see him, so I thought I'd come back later on at dusk and check again. As it happens, my wife went in to open the window and found him roosting in the curtains, and then rapidly plummetting to the floor. We've left the window open and will see if he can find his way out tonight. If not, perhaps we'll have to tempt him with a trail of Bat Snacks[TM].

No comments:

Post a Comment